HybridZ

Which driveshaft for a Z31?

tjcannon

I'm finishing up a Chevy 350 install with a TH350 tranny in an 88 300ZX Turbo, but I don't know what to use as a driveshaft or where to get it cut/made. Any ideas? I'm in Houston or Austin.

There are driveshaft shops that will custom make one for you in your area--the yellow pages are a start. Also, you can talk with rodders in your area to find out where they go or who they recommend for the work.

Davy

• 4 months later...
Guest VALMEIDA

TJCANNON,

IT IS NICE TO SEE SOME TALK ON A Z31 CONVERISON, I JUST BOUGHT A 86 300ZX AND I HAVE BEEN LOOING ONLINE FOR SOME INFO, BUT THERE IS NOT ALOT OF DISCUSSION REGARDING THIS CONVERSION.

ARE YOU DONE WITH YOURS? DID IT WORK OUT OK? WHAT ABOUT HOOD CLEARANCE, WAS THAT AN ISSUE? E-MAIL ME AT VALMEIDA@STARBAND.NET

VICTOR.

• 1 year later...

i had this same problem on my 85. heres wut u do.get urself a yoke that fits ur transmition then find a drive shaft shop or machine shop and let them get u the nissan 4 bolt style rear yoke that fits a chevy u joint and then they can make u a whole new shaft. this way u can have a stronger shaft with replacable joints, chances r that ur u joints r worn out ne way good luck