HybridZ

Where to get engine/tranny

Guest animated_life

Guest animated_life

I just recently purchased two 260Zs, one to build and the other to serve as a parts car. I've been doing restoration kind of work since I got them, but I don't have an engine yet.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get an engine(350) and tranny for a good price? I would like to buy them together and I don't mind if it's used because I'm willing to rebuild if need be. Just looking for some suggestions on where to go to find an engine with a manual tranny for fairly cheap.

Thanks in advance.

mas28O hooked me up with e-bay. I never registered there before until he started telling me about all the great deals for LT-1 motors on there. Just a couple of days ago, I saw a 1995 LT-1 + trans + computer + wiring harness all for $1199. But you can find good carb motors on there too if you search I'm sure.

Yeah, you might actually try the parts section in your local newspaper classified ads section. Sometimes there's some great local deals in there.

Also, alot of places have V8 swap meets. I already had an engine, but, at the last one we had here there was a completely carbed 350 for $200 from air cleaner to oil pan.

I think the one I went to I think I saw a flyer at Autozone...but, you might try calling some performance shops or something like that to see if maybe they know of any.

If there's a racetrack around town somewhere there's usually one after major races, or at least that's how it is here.

make some car-guy buddies anyway you can...

There's that underground network of car guys everywhere.

I've got so much stuff way cheaper by putting out the feelers with my car buds and working out trades etc...

Also try the pick and pull. the you-pull-it type are usually menu priced and pretty reasonable. I know of one that has all you can carry for $25 per person every other month. A bud and I carried a fully dressed 350 chevy 12 feet!! that $50 engine is in my Z right now.

Perry