HybridZ

Vortech Heads

Some people thought that they flow less than other vortec heads. From what I have read they all flow about the same. I had a 1997 Vortec 350 in a 84 volvo and the only mods that I had was a Salle chevrolet cam (small) Intake and carb, stock manifolds. The car would run mid 13's in the heavy volvo so the vortec motor should run good in a z. The free Z that i just picked up has a 327 and it needs some new heads so I might put on some vortec heads.

Cool...is it possible to run the TPI setup on it?

I'm pretty sure you'll have to drill and tap the heads for a TPI setup. My pops just drilled and tapped an LT1 for a victor jr and holley 780dp. Should be the same.

Also make sure you get a matching cam for the TPI. Stock TPI has problems breathing past about 4500 rpms. If you looking for a low end torque monster, TPI with a matched cam can't be beat. Just plan to shift early.

Phyte

go here for more vortec info

http://www.chevymania.com/tech/vortec.htm

Part # 12496820 is a low rise dual plane with EGR provision and dual carb bolt pattern.

Part # 12366573 is a high rise dual plane manifold with a holley carb flange.

Part # 12496822 is a high rise single plane manifold with a holley carb flange.

Part # 12496821 is a Throttle Body Injection manifold with EGR.

Part # 12498060 is the SDPC TPI vortec base manifold.