HybridZ

need help with turbo project

240ZinTN

I have a 73 240z that I plan to drop a rebuilt 280ZXT motor into. I have not sent the block out to get it cleaned and was hoping to get some input on which way to go. Is it worthwhile to lighten the crank and strengthen the bottom end? My motor has been sitting in an open shed for over 3years but looks pretty good. cylinder walls look ok, and the hone swirls are still visible. I plan to put in new rings and keep stock pistons.

I know very little about fuel injection and hope I can get some answers about ECU stuff. I have lots of several 84-87 300ZX non turbo ECUs and noticed the plugs match up with the 280ZXT wire harness. Will this work and if so what modifications do I need to do? Do I need to change out the injectors?

Any help or input is much appreciated.

the l6 has a strong bottom end. I would not lighten the crank. I would balance the recipricating assembly and perhaps make a crank scraper if you want. From your description of your cylinder walls I would just rering the pistons you have. Again this is my thinking on how you described this motor.