HybridZ

supercharged 350?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Has anybody here ever tried putting a supercharged chevy 350 into a Z? i was just wondering about hood clearence issues, performance, difficulty, etc... Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

Guest BigWhyteDude

um what kind of super charger are we talking about here? Do you mean a ROOTS style blower or a sentrafugal(SP) ?? With a roots style blower you will definatly have hood inter feances. As for the sentrafugal(SP) you could mount it where the AC pump or PS pump would normaly mount. It can be done. But just not with a roots blower. try useing the search button up at the top this has come up befor i believe.

Here is a guys website who has been on the board befor. He super charged an LT1 with a procharger so it can be done. He has a KILLER BAD A$$ car too. http://darius240z.com/240z.htm

Guest Anonymous

I was originally thinking about a roots style for the low end torque, just cuz that's what makes you go faster. I was thinking that if i ever had the money i would just add a hood scoop if i needed it, i was mostly looking for people who already something i could look at for ideas for the SC

My friend had a 383 sbc with a roots type blower/super charger in his 1977 280Z. He cut the hood and this car was scary fast. Never to the track but G-Teched 128 mph in the 1/4 at 12.5 seconds.

It could not hook up with street tires. It would flat out molest street tires, can you say slicks. I think it dynoe'd 450 to 475 at the rear wheels on 6 pounds boost.

Mike

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

anyone have a pic of a Z with a roots style blower? I am just curious how crazy of a scoop you would have to have.

I plan to go centrifugal, but if I could do roots without it looking insanely obvious I would definitely consider it. I was thinking it would at least be a 4" scoop if you can just barely get a carbed SBC to fit under the hood.

Guest bastaad525

some of the scoops I've seen on Z hoods, the ones that open towards the windshield, come pretty close to that amount of clearance... or at least they look like they do.

Guest kustom240

what about a screw-type blower? Not as cool looking at the roots, but you could keep it under the hood, and it'd be better performance than the centrifugal. You'd need nice tires to get that to hook up..

Guest Anonymous

Nic-Rebel

I saw that Weiand has low profile blowers for some applications. I didn't look at the application list but if your concerned about the size of the scoop you could probably use a really small one with one of those blowers

http://www.weiand.com, they're a holley company

Chimp