HybridZ

Is this a T04?

silicone boy

I recently picked a TPI manifold with uprated injectors, 2 T04 turbos, high volume fuel pumps, and a host of other goodies off of EBay for just over a grand. The seller was looking to dump his setup in favor of a supercharger and carb. I really lucked out. I'm not sure of the turbos, though. They look like T03's. What do you think?

album_pic.php?pic_id=2082

album_pic.php?pic_id=2083

I did get robbed! (I wouldn't mind getting robbed like this every day :-D )

I thought those weren't T4's-at least not like any that I've ever seen. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to settle for being like ScottieGNZ with a couple of extra cylinders and an extra turbo :twisted: .

It's going into my 383. The rotating assembly is all forged. The compression is a little higher than I would like at 9.7:1, but with reasonable boost, intercooling, water injection and a top notch engine management system, I should be able to avoid detonation.

I couldn't believe my luck when I came across the setup. The seller was real generous and he's throwing in extras that he didn't even list, like sensors, an Autometer boost guage, braided fuel line, etc. I don't think the headers will work for me, so I'll have to use modified cast iron manifolds or make my own turbo headers. Waht's even better is that I already have a single plane intake manifold with injectors and a 1000 cfm throttle body setup. I should be able to sell it for enough to significantly cover my recent purchase.

I guess it pays to be an insomniac like me an prowl EBay at 2 am in the morning :roll: .