HybridZ

Coil overs. Can those affordable Honda ones work for the Z?

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

I see sets of them available for $80. Couldn't you just simply put those on the Z with some modifications? Would something extra have to be machined so it would be possible. So far I know that you have to cut the strut where the spring perch is and weld your Z coil overs in. I am just always trying to find affordable ways. I am building my Z up and trying to find quality inexpensive solutions as well. Thanks Juan

imports use a much smaller diameter sturt. I tried to go this route before, the threads where too short and would have had to been milled out to fit, cheaper just to buy a set from the people that make them on here. 400 gets a set with your choice of springs.

-Ed

(Also most of the cheap ones you see for imports don't allow spring selection)

I see cheap kits for altima's all the time. Might be akin to a 240sx which is slightly akin to a 240z My altima seemed to have a wider strut tube Ill try and measure it. Only thing about those cheap coil over kits is no one will tell you the spring rate on them. Still might be a possibility dont rule it out yet. Might be a cheap alternative according to your needs.

Check the Buy-Sell-Trade forum. There is a listing there for Hypercoil springs, new in the box, for $60 a pair #150, #175, & #200. These are just the springs, you still need to buy the other parts from Ross but you can save a few dollars this way. The guy selling them is a friend of mine and I can vouch for him.

I'm running #150 front and #175 rear but I'm an old codger and didn't want a bone jarring ride.

Dan, (off topic) how is the blue beauty coming along?

Hey I hate hi-jacking a thread, I think it's bad manners. That said, life is hectic and the progress is slow but it's coming. If I get a few more things back on it this weekend I'll post some shots.

Now back to the topic. I checked with Ross and If you buy those springs from Frank C. and the rest from Ross you can save about $70. Not too bad!

I was just curious if there was something about those cars that wouldnt work on the Z's and needed some custom machined part.

Hey , its alright and I know how hard it is to stay organized on this board. Thanks Juan