HybridZ

Sparco Torino Seats

mrcheeze36

Thanks for your help Owen. Were your seat reclineable and did they fit?

I previously contacted another member who had installed Recaro SRD seats. He had to custom make brackets, etc. and had to remove the reclining knob on one side of the seat due to it hitting the tranny tunnel. He said that the seats pretty much fit, however when he closes the door, it hits the shoulder area of the seat, but it closes.

I did contact Sparco and inquired about their seats for the z. I told him about the other z member who installed the recaro seats, and the rep gave me the part numbers of what I needed (sliders, brackets, etc.) but he said the same modifications may need to be done like the recaros. He also gave me the dimensions.

The only other person that I have seen that installed these seats was Tod Kaneko. He was on that Super Street issue showing his 510 and 240z.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again Owen.

-Eric

Mine were not reclinable and I made custom brackets with no sliders. I now have the 3A racing seats from PepBoys, the simulated leather ones are 21 to 22 inches wide at the shoulders and they barely hit my door panels. It has a reclining knob on both sides as well as sliders.

Oh, as mentioned in my weatherstripping post, I have fake leather door panels which are thicker than the regular plastic ones.

HTH,

Owen

Guest Zachb55

owen whatd you pay for your seating setup from pepboys? you satisfied with the comfort of those seats? i need somethin to replace my ugly red stock ones, i just got done installing my self-upholstered door panels which i did on my own with black naugahyde and some foam backing... turned out pretty good looking and i hope the extra thickness wont hurt with seating when it comes to closing those darn doors. thanks,

-Zach