HybridZ

Anyone use VB steel street flares with msa aero kit?

Guest bigjim240z

Guest bigjim240z

Im about to take on a job that requires me to install victoria british steel street flares on a 240z and a motor sport aero kit. ive seached around and cant find anything or any car with this combo. will i have clearance issues up front where the flares and aero kit come in contact? i can mod the aero kit since its fiberglass but i perfer not too if at all possible. anyone have any pics of somthing similar?. thanks jim

Guest Zachb55

i would doubt it greatly if you didnt have to do some mods, but i think that with a little work, a tiny bit of fiberglassing, and a bit of body filling you will have one sweet looking Z with those flares...

http://www.240zconversions.com/images/nicefenders.jpg

http://www.240zconversions.com/images/nicefenders2.jpg

theres a couple pics of those flares... very nice looking when correctly done. just take your time and do the job in a quality way and im sure youll be happy and not overwhelmed by the custom work you'll have to do

-Zach

Guest bigjim240z

ya, ive been studying the aero kit and the flares in various pictures. i might have a trim the aero kit in the front where it comes in conatct with the fender. fiberglass is easy to modify so i dont think ill have any problems with it at all. i just would love to see pics of a car with the exact parts that i will be installing. ive done body and paint work on more cars than i can count..lol..but never a flare install. im kinda excited to get started on it.

the car bigjim is starting will be mine and those steel vb fenders are $400 a pair! not for all four..so $800 for the set. but they are unique looking so thats why i got em...hope it all works out, and should be a dramatic difference on the before and after :)

phillip

800 dollars is cheap considering when compared to a 1600 dollar wide body kit that will be harder to install and cost 200 dollars to crate and ship. Just my thoughts. You are going to have a sharp car. I would still be interested in how wide a rim can be stuffed under those flares.

Guest bigjim240z

dont worry man, this car is gona get treated like the presidents cadillac..lol..im gona show case my work on hybridz and build my own web site. your car is gona be one of the main show peices and HAS TO LOOK 100% PERFECT! this will bring me future business.

i agree that those subtle z kits and others like it are pricey.with the front and rear aero 2 kit and the fenders thats about 1300 with everything :shock: but i wanted a nice racy looking z and i am sure jim will make it look great..now i just need to figure out rims and tires :cry:

i will probably have to buy adapters , i want a deep dish rim but who knows?..anyway see you soon jim.. and we will make sure we have plenty of pics as the beginning 240z is quite ordinary at leat i got it from the original owner:)

phillip

Guest bigjim240z

Well the car will be here monday. Im very excited to get going on this baby. i will take some pics monday and take many more through out the job till completion. we still havent got a color decided on, but we will have to know on monday. well, ill be here posting pics beginning of next week. see ya.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigjim240z

VICTORIABRITISH.COM THATS THERE WEBSITE, THEY HAVE THE FLARES, 399.00 A PAIR. oh sorry about the caps..lol..im about to start fitting a set on soon. ill have pics as i progress.

The MSA Aero II kit parts wrap around and mount on the inner radius of the fender wells. Anything that extends the side of the fender out in the area of the aero kit will interfere with the aero kit mounting. I think more than just a little work will be required to blend the two.

Guest bigjim240z

im starting to realize that too, but thats what the customer wants. im gona install the flares first then see what kinda mods need to be made to the aero kit. im not gona mold the 2 together since he wants to be able to remove the aero kit if somthing were to need to be worked on underneath, or if he wanted to install an intercooler or whatever. i figure i can cut the sides that come around to the wheel opening and move it back or foward to match up with the flares. here are pics of the car as of right now. its apart and ready to be da sanded and body work started. next i will cut out the fenders and get ready to mock up the flares, then weld them in. long way to go, but im pushing foward. now the compressor has to just stop acting up! 240z_work_010.jpg240z_work_015.jpg240z_work_012.jpg240z_work_014.jpg