HybridZ

280Z Stereo Setup

Guest PBooty

What is the largest speaker size that anyone has tried putting in the doors?

By my measurements it doesn't look like I can go bigger than 3.5" without getting in the way of the internals of the door.

3.5" speakers seems rather expensive for the size, and the amount of sound they produce.

If someone will walk me thru the process I now have digital pictures of how my Stereo Head Unit was mounted and they are saved to file, I just dont know how to install them in a BB thread/post type forum.

Also, in your instructions explain how to minimize/maximize the size of the pictures so they are not too large or too small once posted. Thanks.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)[/img]

If someone will walk me thru the process ...I just dont know how to install them in a BB thread/post type forum.

Kevin' date=' you may have to save them to your personal picture gallery and have HybridZ host them (they have to be hosted by [i']some[/i] server in order to be visible to everyone. Never use your own server...

Davy

If someone will walk me thru the process ...I just dont know how to install them in a BB thread/post type forum.

Kevin' date=' you may have to save them to your personal picture gallery and have HybridZ host them (they have to be hosted by [i']some[/i] server in order to be visible to everyone. Never use your own server...

Davy

Thanks Davy for the heads up....looks like I have to bother my brother again w/another computer prob (he's an IT Tech), certainly he can explain to me what you just said.

HEY, he owes me for all the times I repaired his car prior to him being able to afford a nicer one: looks like I get to call in another marker :wink:

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Guest HBskinheadZ

BTW, Do not buy that piece o crap from Motorsport Auto, I saw one about a month ago, it is just some 3/4 MDF. It is not even a box it has a top and the side the speakers are screwed to with some crappy speaker box carpet covering it. Almost anyone here :roll: can make it in about an hour with some cardboard for a template and $5 worth of MDF. Save your money for the go fast stuff :D

yeah..seems like everyone agrees that the "box" msa sells is overrated/overpriced...

I've already got my rears mounted, just need more help/suggestions for front speakers...

opinions vary. i happen to like the speaker panel for the rear. while, yes, i could make it for about $20, i'm glad someone else has the time to make it exactly right for my car the first time such that i don't have to spend a day or so to make it fit right. for me, it's mostly a time issue. i don't have time to fabricate something that someone else has already produced in mass quantities. i'd rather spend more time on the drivetrain.... plus, i bought my speaker panel new on zcar.com from someone else that didn't care for it.. for $75 :twisted:

• 1 year later...
Guest rick458

Has anybody tried a Component system?

It seems like it would be fairly easy to install Infinity's 50.5 system

5 1/4s in the kick panels and the tweeters to the A-pillar

then run some Infinity Kappa 693.5i 6x9s in the back in an MSA style panel or boxes.

Can you flip the Spare over IE lug hole down and mount an 8" or 10" on a 3/4"

MDF well cover? or is the backspace too short?

Go to my phoyo album. I'm having an Alpine 6.5" component system installed in the front. 6 1/2" Speakers mounted on the front bottom of the doors and 1" tweeters on the A-pillars. The original speaker locations have 5 1/4" Alpine speakers and there is an Alpine 10" sub installed on the drivers side behind the rear strut tower brace aimed to reflect off the hatch.

so does anyone have speakers in the doors?

yes i do. in my 280zx 2+2

pic. http://photobucket.com/albums/v405/sir_Daniel/?action=view&current=P3280013.jpg

this is my old installation:

the trunk

http://photobucket.com/albums/v405/sir_Daniel/?action=view&current=4.jpg

the new installation:

instead of the backseat

http://photobucket.com/albums/v405/sir_Daniel/?action=view&current=cover7.jpg