HybridZ

Trouble with Escaping boost

jvanen

yeah I finished putting fresh turbo engine down into my 77. I"ve taken it out and run it around for a couple of days now. The first day it ran so strong! Now it just sounds like I have an air gun going off under the hood :( . It won't Idle for very long either :( . I am thinking it has to be something with the POV are whatever is under the hood there. The engine is completely stock right now FYI.

Need to know what you guys think, if you need more info let me know

thanks for the help........

that air gun sound will be your EGR valve opening, which means the Vcm controller could be faulty. or the valve its self. just disconect the vacume line to the EGr valve its self. and plug it with a screew or something, and take it for a hard run. this should fix all your problems.

i had the same problem on my l20et. full boost = Shudder. "air gun" and going nowhere!! :(

good luck

I tried unplugging the EGR but nothing happened. I have to test the Vaccum controller and see if that is it. during the testing process though 3 fan blades broke off and went through the radiator...... :oops:

so my conceren has went to that. However the plan is to just take the fan off and I can still diagnose Tomorrow. Meanwhile the raditor is on its way to Utah from Missouri. I've checked the pop off valve and its good as well.

How can I test the Vaccum controler? what did you do?

thanks

John

77ZT

I would plug the pov with a 1" plug first off, and see if taht does anything.

To trouble shoot the vacum egr and stuff, I would remove vacum and plug all the lines and sources on manifold and the equipment it self, then try it.

Vacum is good right, you dont have an air leak from the j pipe or intercooler pipe, blowoff valve flange, afm boot????

Teething problems, thats all.

Good Luck