HybridZ

The small bugs of my VG30DET swap

Guest Simon

hey all!!

I need to hookup my oil and water gauges, i want to use the standard one as i like them.

should i swap the oil pressure senders from my old L28 with the one in the VG30DET?

what about the water, i am using the sensor that came with my computer for water temp, but i also want my gauge to work, will i have to use he sensor from the old L28?

any ideas would be nice

Sim

Cant remember. I think that he operates under the company name SIXWORKS (I think..), just post on the Technical section and someone will help you out.

Ray

is it expencive?

I should be studying for my exams coming up.... but there is so many better things i can do

I would suggest adapting the 240Z sending units to the VG30DET engine. You want to use senders that match the gauges. That's what I did for my L28ET swap. You may need to do a little drilling and taping of the thermostat housing, or you made need to find some metric pipe thread adapters.

Hope this helps,

Pete

I have the latest one Ver 4.57....I have sorted out all of my computer related problems and just got back from a quick drive...

Needs tuneing bigtime wont rev over 5000

but its smooth... oh so smooth

You should have more than one water temp sensor, one for the gauge and at least one or more for the ecu. You can use a different sender as long as the range is the same. When I did my 7M swap I put the L28 and 7M one into a pot of water on the stove and heated them and checked resistance as the temp went up. The 7m had a completely different range so I turned the Z one down a little on a lathe and used it. I obviously used the L oil pressure sender as that just screws in, VG30 should have the same threads.