HybridZ

280 ZXT Hot start problem, sometimes stalls

This summer I went and got my emissions tested (OK, but only after trials and tribulations because the new tester didn't input data correctly)

Had to do the test again - had shut the car off, but it wouldn't start.

Let it cool for 20 mins and it started right up.

Now this was after only having a fan blowing into the engine while the emissions test was run the first time, but I have come to a stop light in the summer and pushed in the clutch, and had the engine die - only to fire up 20 minutes later.

When I heard it start to stall I tried pumping the pedal to keep the R's up but no go...

Is there an ignition problem here (heat related)?

Fuel pressure is fine, so I can't believe it is vapor lock.

could be battery, loose connection to fusible links box off positive battery terminal.

then i would go down the food chain of voltage.

alternator, starter leads, anything in the charging system.

i would check the power transistor, one of its favorite signs is that stalling, to tell you it wants out. i would see what kind of voltage that is getting. but I would do a few things first.

I would check grounding through the ecu pins, and clean them underhood first. Actually put this first, I actually had the same thing happen to me, and it turns out when I unplugged and plugged back in the ecu, it stopped???

• 2 weeks later...