HybridZ

87 firebird tpi ,5spd, should i buy it?

Guest bigjim240z

Guest bigjim240z

$500...engine rebuilt 3 years ago, 6 month old clutch..its my freinds dads car...he said if i want it i can have it for $500..runs and drives good..i thought i might grab it and drive it till i get the swap ready for the 240z..then use this engine and trans for the swap...whatta ya think?

Originally posted by Tomahawk Z:

Get on it! Are we talking a complete car? either way it sounds like a bargain especially if it is a 350.

Nope, it'll be a 305, but that is not a bad thing, really. A 305 has plenty of grunt to get a Z moving. Plus, those TPI/TBI motors are pretty darn good when it comes to longevity. Yes, a 350 is more desirable, but for the $$$, that combo is very hard to beat.

Davy

You'd be crazy NOT to buy it. Junkyards usually want at least $500 for a V8 T5. I paid $1275 for an '86 TPI 305/TH700 Trans AM. I pulled the engine, trans, driveshaft, radiator, fans, computer, wiring, and air intake. I sold the rest of the car for $1000. At $500 you should be able to get all of the parts you want AND probably MAKE money! :D You've got to like that.