HybridZ

More Pedal = Less power?

cygnusx1

My turbo Z conversion ran well from day one but now its developing a really bad power drop off under load. It pulls nice and hard with 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and builds boost to 7psi if if I creep up the gas pedal a bit. After 1/2 throttle it falls flat on its face and coughs, pops, and sputters and has no power. It is a BONE STOCK '83 turbo setup in a 76 Z with 100K miles on the motor.

NEW-> CAP, ROTOR, WIRES, PLUGS, INJECTORS, FUEL FILTER, O2 SENS.

Timing tried at 20 and 23 BTDC, Tried running with Knock Sensor Disconnected, Disconnected and reconnected cleaned all EFI Plugs. Compression 135 to 140 all cylinders, Head Temp sensor reads 1750ohm @ about 80degF., smells rich and bumpy idle (always did)

ANY IDEAS? It is making me nutZ. :x

WOOHOO!!!!!!! Burning Rubber Again!!!!!!!!!

I got it! The EFI wiring harness was routed too close to the clutch pedal so when I pressed in the pedal, it would nudge the wires. This caused the ECU plugs to loosen up a little everytime I pushed in the clutch! I pushed the plugs in good-n-tight on the ECU and re-routed the harness and WOW it runs great!!!!!!! AWESOME.

I got my baby back. :P