HybridZ

supercharged l28et???

Guest alfman240z

Guest alfman240z

i heard this is the place to go to find info on this. and one more little twist, the engine is of course in a 72 240. who makes one and has anyone done it? if so what are the results...?> worht teh money, or time?

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Supercharged AND Turbocharged? There was a thread on here before that made a mention of one, I think it was a supercharged RB28DET (or whatever the designation is, not exactly my area). That car looked awesome! Of course, the advantage would be a fuller boost throughout the entire RPM range. I estimate this is some serious $$.

Try searching the forums, you might find the car.

Guest zx racer

there was an integra i beleive the meguires car that used both a turbo charger and a supercharger it can be done and like he said it will give a full range of boost interesting concept $$$$ lots of it.

Guest alfman240z

im thinking about supercharging a l28et, meaning a turbo and a supercharger running at the same timw to have low and high end power with lots and lots of torque. was wondering if anyone has done it and if anyone knows some one that does it . thanks!

My opinion again, of course, running both is a bit excessive, expensive, complicated and rather pointless. If you want a drag or road car, a good efficient turbo system will out-perform it. For autocross, you'd be better off with n/a (or a straight roots charger). On the other hand, it would make a good show car. Don't think a turbo doesn't have low end - look at my dyno graph in my personal gallery, and tell me where my peak torque is. :twisted:

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about messing with a supercharger setup for an L28 too. I helped build a supercharged Harley and it works great, gobbs of low end torque. If you set it up right you can run a clutch on the supercharger and a bypass, then you can have power and economy, the Mercedes SLK runs this setup with an Eaton M45, that displaces 45ci per revolution, the T-Bird Eaton M90 would work well on a L28, made for a 3.8 liter and fairly efficient heat wise, can be intercooled as well, there are several length snouts available as well. all these pipe dreams, no money, no time, just started a fat job so it's almost time to play ball. This site got me going while I was out of work, check out the archives, some insane discussions, way out there.

http://www.theoldone.com/