HybridZ

Craftsman Two Stage Compressor

RacerX

Are the "Max PSI" identical, or is the TS rated CFM at a higher PSI. On my old (OLD) TS compressor, It basically re-compresses the 1st stage air, so in essence, it provides a larger burden on the motor by compressing the air (same air twice) at higher pressures but not higher CFM rates. A smaller CFM rating at 185 PSI may will run tools longer than the larger CFM of air at 120 PSI (based on an appropriate regulated supply).

But my big question is this: Is CFM based on volume at comparable pressures. The reason I ask is 10 CFM at 200 PSI is more air than 10 CFM at 100 PSI. So does is the CFM rating adjusted for same pressures?

Oh BTW, the chocolate fortune cookies were a BIG hit. Thanks.

I'm not sure what to think here. 240V X 15A = 3600 watts. One horsepower is supposed to equal 746 watts, so this means the 7HP motor appears to be just under 5HP with this conversion, but is listed as 7HP. Obviously I know less then I should about all this.

Ernie, this TS compressor: http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00917650000&tab=specs#tablink

has more capability than it's SS counterpart:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1566662717.1068192143@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccfdadcjlekedmecehgcemgdffmdflg.0&vertical=TOOL&tab=specs&pid=00918419000&vertical=TOOL&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes

From what I can see the TS outperformes the SS. I guess I missed something here.

If you are talking about the oiless job here http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00916561000 I got one a couple months ago. Not because it was my first choice, but I had a gift certificate I needed to spend and it was about the only thing they had a Sears that I needed for the amount of the certificate. It seems to work pretty well so far. So far I like it better than my old 5 HP 25 Gal Cambell Hausfield. So far, it doesn't run out of air except with a cheapie pneumatic cut off tool that I like to run at 100+ psi so I still prefer to use 4 1/2 electric angle grinders for cutting instead. But it pumps up again pretty quickly too. Being oiless, it should work well for painting. Specs say it says it is 175 PSI, but I fond that it cut off at about 170 PSI the first day and now it cuts off at about 160 PSI. There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust that. You will need to supply your own drier and pressure regulator, it has none. The only controls on it are the on-off, pressure gauge and a cut-off valve. I think you could find a higher CFM compressor for close to the same money (though it probably won't be 2 stage) at Harbor Freight or Home Depot.