HybridZ

Velo Rossa

john kosmatka

Wow - that is a tough one. It can range drastically depending on the amount of work that went into it. I've seen unfinished (body installed, but much left to complete) Velo Rossas advertised for just under 10k. I've seen Alpha/Stable/McBurnie kits in similar states of completion for $4,500 and up.

I believe Steve Graber sold his completely finished VR for somewhere in the neighborhood of $13k to $15k. (I'm sure I remember his advertised price being in that range. )

The fiberglass alone is $4k. Then add in the cost of the car, the parts, the paint, etc. etc.

I would guess that a complete and painted VR with minor mechanical work needed is gonna run $10k plus.

Steve almost "gave his away at that price. I would say Wagz is right on the money, $4000 for just the kit, then all the "essentials" (lights, door handles etc.), then the amount of hours for install probably $3K to $4K if you had to pay someone to do it, $2K to $4K for paint. then the price of the car to begin with. I'd say anything less than $10K would be worth looking at. Make sure they started with a solid car, and that the install was done well.

Just my $.02

I think Steve sold his VR for $19K.

I have about $9-10K in my VR with no interior and painting yet. That is just the body, wheels, suspension, brakes, and donor. And that doesn't include time. Quotes for cleaning up (finishing) the body work after I did the mounting - (sanding, getting everything lined up straight, door jams, etc.) was around $3-4K in Minneapolis.

I will have $18-20K in it when it is done with the new V8 that I just installed, interior and paint with all the new trim. I am sure that I could do it cheaper but I am going with all leather interior and having it professionally done. I am also having a great body man to the final 4 color sandings on the body and the painting.

So $10K for a finished VR with a vette and another Z seems to be killer. The other thing is to check with John Washington to see about the builder of that car. He might be able to give you some insight as to the skills of who did the work - might be valuable.

Just my thoughts.

Teo

Yes the 10k$ includes all cars. The kit looks to be made very well. It does not have the full tilt hood but it has fiberglass fenders and a front nose piece that works with a regular hood. The rear end looks like a regular velorossa kit. The rear quarter windows are filled in and have an different interior panel to cover that area. It also has a different dash but datsun gauges and different bucket seats.

John

I know. The problem is coming up with the money. The guy says he will let me sell the Vette' to pay off the rest of the cars. He is an old friend of my fathers, he is about 65 and says he just cant take care of them properly and he doesnt want them to rot away. He also says we can have a triumph tr7 that isnt so hot and a cadillac talisman for free! He's a pretty cool guy, he has a studabaker avante with a 400 hp 350 in it. But the only cars I want are the velo rossa and his other z car.

Also does any body have any information on the kits that were manufactured about ten years ago.

Thanks, John

and hopefully I will have the velo rossa in my garage by the weekend, if all go's well.