HybridZ

are all turbo z's turbos oil cooled.

Guest chucklaw33

Guest chucklaw33

i took a quick glance at my motor the other day and there was a tube comming from the oil pan to the turbo. Do all zxt's have that. Does that mean its oil cooled.

Sorta. That's the oil return line, which lubricates the turbo. I guess technically it's an oil cooled turbo, but only to the degree that I'm a beer cooled human. It's really just a bi-product of the design. The turbo is way hotter than the engine oil, so some heat is taken away with the oil.

And yes, all ZXT's have it.

As far as I know all Turbo automatic ZX's came with an oil cooler. I run one on mine but, it's a stick. All the holes are there just they are covered up by a thick plastic sticker.

Also I don't think that the fact that the oil cools the turbo is a by product but, more part of the design as a whole. The turbo bearing have to have some major cooling. If the car is idled down prouperly then you wouldn't need to have a water cooled turbo. Since most of us are in to big of a hurry to do that the water cooled turbo offers some real advantages here. I run the water cooled turbo now but, I've had good luck with the regular kind also.