HybridZ

Drums/axles questions...

I finally got some time to pull apart the brakes on the rear of my Z. (got it two months ago) Does anyone know where I can purchase the spring hardware kits for the drums for a 72 240? I know I can get the shoes from Courtesy Nissan, but they show the hardware kits are no longer available. I know I need to replace the wheel cylinder on one side (bleeder is broke off) so I might as well do everythng while I have it pulled apart. The shoes look like they got some brake fluid on them as they are corroded as hell.

On a second note, I pulled the axles because the ujoints need to be replaced. Would you just bring them in to a shop and get them pressed out and the new ones installed, or would you do it yourself? I have heard they are a pain.

Thanks for the help!

Guest Grenade300

I used to get a catalog before I moved called Victoria British LTD. They had a whole lotta parts in their catalogs for the Z-cars. I looked at their website and I don't see a large amount of parts on their "online store" for the Z's. However, if you call them, they will send you a free catalog that I'm pretty sure will have the parts you need. Their website is: http://www.victoriabritish.com You may also be able to order the parts directly over the phone without the catalog. Anyone who is still getting this catalog feel free to chime in, it's been almost 3 years since I looked at their catalog.

I'm not to sure on the U-joint subject.

I want to know if the hardware kit for rear drums is complete or if you have to order the springs separate from them? The VB kit has all of the springs.

Your best bet is to call Courtesy Nissan and have them open the box and check! (972) 231-2600.