HybridZ

TurboBlueStreak... some info you would like...

Mack

well, I was talking to a freind of mine who is going into the engine import business within the next few months and he was talking to his supplier about RB's and old L series motors, they go into a conversation about some of the more wild stuff this guy in Japan has seen and something that comes up is an RB20DET head on a L24 block. After he told me this, I almost dropped the phone. Said the conversion cost him roughly $6000 U.S., which is kind of spendy, but it goes to show it can be done!

I know there was a kit out there, back in the hey day of the L motors, that converted it to a timing belt. It was a japan only thing. It can be done! I'll see if he can get any more details about it from the guy. But, it seemed to me that thats as far as the convo got, since my freind is hell bent on building an RB30DET. I'll for sure keep you posted.

McAdam

P.S. the dude said it laid down "over 600rwhp" sounds like fun. I am still intent on making my KA24DE two heads minus 2 cylinders idea work. we'll see!

Thats very intersting but 6k sounds a little pricy I'll concider it but as it stands I'm going to exsamine the total cost of making a new head vs the cost of setting up the RB20DET. now money is one thing but finding the RB20 head to purchase is another I can't find one I tried if you can help me out in finding one I'll most likey go with the RB20 head conversion. Please keep me posted on any information that you can find.

tbs