HybridZ

1990 GT Cobra?

JB_BA

I'm about to buy a car that's listed as a 1990 GT Cobra.

Carfax verified that is was indeed a Cobra. I was making sure because the car has the new Cobra rims on it...at least I think they're the new ones. The chrome 17's. The car had a four lug pattern, but it's been converted to five lug for these rims. It has a Cobra roll bar. I was just wondering if someone here new of any other major differences in the 1990 GT and the 1990 GT Cobras? Were the Cobras the convertible models? Are there any differences in HP?

Thanks alot,

JB

That's what I thought too...? Before now.

Carfax lists the car as a Mustang GT/GT Cobra

and the title says:

Model: Mustang GT/Cob

This is confusing me...I'm not a Mustang buff...more into Z's, :D but I couldn't pass this one up, the car is almost perfect.

I don't care if it is or isn't a Cobra, I'd just like to know as I'm getting it Thursday, but what's the deal with the a 1990 GT being dubbed a "Cobra"??? It can't possibly be a misprint on the title, as CarFax verified it.

JB

The first LATE series Cobra was 1993 Cobra R. They made a cheesy 1979 Cobra with a 255. But I think that was only for 79, since they dropped the 255 after '80. It was pretty much a graphics kit, looked like one they had on the King Cobras.

Sort of on the same subject - I see people doign Mustang II's all the time, why hasn't someone resto-modded one with an EFI 5.0 and some 17's or even 16's? besides the crappy motors those cars had (and everything attached to it) they were pretty solid cars, look at all the street-rodders who have stolen the parts from it! I have only once seen a II lowered on some 15's, abotu 3" off the ground, and it made the car look WAY better. But then again, any car a foot off the ground with 14's and tiny little 185's looks pretty funny to me, at least ones that are supposed to be *cough* sporty!

Here - perfect example - http://www.mustangii.net/46l_ii.asp

Al