HybridZ

Unusual request, for parts crossreference.

Guest Thurem

In my newly aqcuired fleet of used rental ATV's, Polaris Trailblazers, I have found that the transmission has a chain that crosses over to a automotive timing chain. I'm not talking about the belt in the variable clutch setup, but rather the chain inside the transmissiion for forward and reverse.

The chain is a hy-vo type chain, it is also known as a silent chain or inverted tooth chain. It has 60 links, the pitch (distance between pins) is 3/8", it is an 11 plate chain (ie. you can count 11 plates across the width of it) and it is roughly 5/8" wide.

Now I know there is an automotive application for a chain like this, for a timing chain. But the guy that told me about it would not cough up this application, exept that it is a big v6, could also be a V8.

Normally I would have just strolled down to the local partsstore and looked at some chains, but here in Mexico I'm hampered by a limited inventory and a huge language barrier.

SO, the question is what car or truck uses a chain like the one I described for a timing chain.

Thanks to anybody who can help me out.

Thure

Guest BigWhyteDude

the only big six i can thing of right now is the chevy 4.3L you might try and take it up to a parts barn (Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts, NAPA) and see if they can match it up for you. never hurts to ask.

Hmm sorry Thurem forgot you moved south of the border. Are there any Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts, or NAPA's around in Mexico?

How is the weather down there? Hope you get it figured out.

Andrew