HybridZ

vb flares with aero kit contiued (pics)

Guest bigjim240z

Guest bigjim240z

ok, these are the flares, i clamed them on to get a base line on where they will be mounted. im concerned with 2 spots. in the first picture you will see where the flare extends past the front fender. it looks like ill have to trim the flare where the fender ends because the aero kit will be right there next to the wheel opening. 240z_work_023.jpg

Guest bigjim240z

next spot is on the rear flare where it ends at the body line right in front of the rear wheel. looks line a little trimming is gona be needed here, and then ill have to mold it into the body, the line will be about half its original size. 240z_work_019.jpg

Guest bigjim240z

you know, i think your right, ill take another look at those and see what i can do. the only problem that might come up is where the rear part of the front fender flare mounts to the bottom of the fender near the door. they cut them to fit around the body line. i pretty much just matched the flare to the body line and clamped it. there will be tons more pics as i go. thanks for the compliments. jim

and these are the victoria british flares? good to see more pics like this, i wish more people had pics of thier flares before painting and blending, i cant seem to find a picutre of MSA's Imsa style and street style flares prior to painting and blending, heck, i cant find pictures of the MSA imsa style flare mounted and painted.

Guest bigjim240z

NO WAY GUYS! they are clearly marked l-front l-rear r-front r-rear. and i even tried them the other way to see if maybe some one screwed up, and they are far from fitting. give me a call this evening philip. see ya jim

Guest Big Geek

Big Jim, are those the metal British Vic. flares? I am trying to figure out what to do with the rear of my car as I type this. I was going to post a new topic but thought that I would try and get some help through your thread fist. Here is my delima, I have too tall a tire on the back for the standard wheel wells but I have to run this tall a tire as I have an 87 Buick GN motor in it and I need the lower ratio. I am running a 15x7 Weld Superlite on the back and a 15x3 on the front (Bigs n lils) and I am a little concerned about how the car would look without front flares. I am trying picture it in my head but cannot. Has anyone ever done just the rears before? If so, how did it look? I would prefer to keep the car as clean as possible but am at a loss regarding this tire size and flair issue? Do you or anyone else have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any and all input. Thanks in advance. Cheers !!!

Jim C. :shock:

Guest bigjim240z

yes those are vb metal flares, im putting them on and apinting that car for bpatrol. i was hopeing for some more pics of a car with these flares. it looks to be a very straight foward install. i think you should go with front and rear flares. the rears alone look kinda bad to me. im starting to like the glass flares a little better now that i have had some time with the vb metal flares. the vb flares are very unique, but what bothers me about them is the fact that they dont extend all the way down to the bottom of the body on the rears. it will still work out to be fine, just more time will be spent on them than initially planned. good luck with your car.

Guest Anonymous

Did not mean to sound like I had the flares installed on the car. My pics looke about like the ones posted here. Bare flare pasted on the side of the car. Mark

• 2 weeks later...