HybridZ

Honda Swap from hell...

Mikelly

There is definitely something to be said about getting a motor that has already been built and ready to go. I'm going to do my turbo swap on my 91 hatch in two weeks. I wish I could share notes with you Mike, but I'm not sure anything I have would help (mine is a older car, and you're doing custom mounts). Is thing going turbo? Did you ever find the turbo for the car?

Actually I have a 90 Civic Hatch we're gonna throw a turbo on in the spring, maybe sooner... It will go on a dual overhead D15 motor. We were putting a turbo on this one, but he is gonna have to hold off as his money is running out...

Mike

Why did you fab the mouts for the swap? Money reasons?

My friends and I are thinking of ways to use my little SOHC 70HP D15. We're thinking of turbo'ing the thing and fabbing up some sort of sand rail or off-road tube frame car.

Let me get this straight. You have one son with a non-turbo MR2, another with a EG Civic (which has received a B18 - is it the non-vtec one?), and another with a 90 hatch that is eventually going to get a turbo D15. Did I get that right?

You need to take some pics, so we can see all this wonderful work that you're doing. Your kids are going to have a legacy at their schools for their cars :D

Well actually the 90 civic is mine... I commute in it... But yea, that about covers the mods... plus the modified Ninja, the tricked out Mustang GT, the lowered GMC with mods to it, and the Zcar... I'm a busy boy.

The reason we made the mounts was we didn't have them at the time, and I have a little bit of experience fabricating and welding... I'm gonna replace the mounts with factory units as we get them in...

My D15 is a dual cam motor, so I'm hoping by swapping the intake from the DX and the computer (The D15 came from a DX, but my car is an HF model) that we can see that 20+HP difference they claim... Then turbo it for sheitz and giggles!

Mike

Guest bastaad525
Well actually the 90 civic is mine... I commute in it... But yea' date=' that about covers the mods... plus the modified Ninja, the tricked out Mustang GT, the lowered GMC with mods to it, and the Zcar... I'm a busy boy.

[/quote']

*mumbles to himself* showoff :twisted::wink::hail::rockon::2thumbs:

We have way too many projects at my house. My 91 Civic and Z, my parent's 03 Cobra, a 1970 Ford twin I-beam F100, my brother's 94 Civic, and the CRX shell that I got for free with my turbo motor (which we are building for my sis).

I just found a very interesting peice of info for DIY Hondata. It's call Uberdata I think. Here's the link :http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=626171

I don't know what you're doing for fuel management and boost control for the Hondas, but the Uberdata thing looks really good. For the D series motor, you may have to convert to OBD1 (talking about your 90 Civic). I know you need to for a B series motor, but the D series OBD0 computer may have the ability to be chipped and programmed.

If you want a B series swap for your 90's Civic, I have a JDM B16A1 with LSD cable tranny sitting in my garage. I have a new Exedy flywheel and clutch to go with it, along with some HCP mounts and modified shift linkage if you are interested.