HybridZ

Web Site additions to Rick Johnson's V8 240Z page

Guest Rick Johnson

Guest Rick Johnson

http://www.tootechracing.com/Car%20Section%20Index.htm

Hey guys, thought you might be interested in some pictures of the work I have done to my 1973 Z. Except for some further attempts at eliminating/isolating a wee bit of differential wine, the car is finished. I got thrown out of the Irwindale 1/8 mile dragstrip for going too fast without a roll bar, so I have lost my incentive for further mods for now.

Excellent site, Rick!! :2thumbs: The pictures are very clear and detailed--nice work. I have the SportZ article, but I totally missed the Sport Compact Car article!! Nice to see a V8Z in there, heh :D

Maybe this summer (or even before) I'll be bolting up the 3" system I bought from you a few years back :D

Davy

Guest 240hybrid
I got thrown out of the Irwindale 1/8 mile dragstrip for going too fast without a roll bar, so I have lost my incentive for further mods for now

I like that.... :lol: Very clean machine...that custom suspension of using shorter springs and a custom adjustable spring perch has my attention and interest. Keep up the good work....Chase

Guest Rick Johnson
Excellent site' date=' Rick!! :2thumbs:

Maybe this summer (or even before) I'll be bolting up the 3" system I bought from you a few years back :D

Davy[/quote']

Dave, it has been a long time since you bought the exhaust. How is the overall project coming - I guess you were doing some great forward planning when you bought the exhaust years ago. I'm sure you can see the similarities between yours and the second one I built.

RJ

Dave' date=' it has been a long time since you bought the exhaust. How is the overall project coming - I guess you were doing some great forward planning when you bought the exhaust years ago. I'm sure you can see the similarities between yours and the second one I built.

RJ[/quote']

Rick, it has been slow since I ran into many financial woes (economy/dot com stuff) and a few more children to boot.

I have the car at a bodyshop getting some work done, but paint will have to wait. I have nearly every part I need for the swap (all the major ones anyway and most minor ones) and I wait until the weather gets a little better and I get the car back from the shop. I NEED to do this swap. Also, I have more then enough help from local HybridZ buddies like Auxilary, Mike D, Don Manzo, Jon Miwa, FL327, and on! So, I am nearly there and I'll be posting pics as I make real progress.

Thanks for the note :D

Davy