HybridZ

another Infiniti M30 FI question...

Mack

Hoaky,

I was reading the old M30 sequential FI thread and I am now interested. Anyone know how big the injectors are on this thing? they had light blue tops on them and it looked like the injectors themselves had a return line coming out the side of them and going back into the fuel rail... weird wild stuff. They looked to be side feed and top feed injectors, is this a special sequential type of injector?

Reasons I want Sequential:

1. its cheap. in a junkyard, will sell whole engine for $175. they have a turbo 280zx motor missing manifolds, but complete block. Thinking maybe a deisel intake manifold, thats a really nice log design "oh yeah, i took all the FI stuff off of the motor cause I didn't want to tear it up pulling the motor out of the car"

2. this will be daily driven, lots of around town miles. Sequentail FI is better around town, with better gas mileage, correct?

3. DITCH THE FLAP STYLE AFM! its a good way to do it.

I think you could really tune the piss out of this motor. think about it, a nice turbo motor, with a lil hotter cam, T3/T04E turbo, maybe audi 5000 external wastegate and a nice M30 sequential with maybe a Greddy Emanage?

thanks in advance!

McAdam

p.s. Anyone know if an M30 does indeed have an LSD? here are links to the car it will be going in. I got the damn thing for FREE.

The advertisement it was on Z car. heres a crappy car dopmain site dedicated to it!

Edmunds and other information sites do list the M30 as being equipted standard with lsd. I think they may be wrong. My favorite JY has two M30s. They are both equipted with long neck R200 diferentials. No finned alloy inspection plates and both fail my field test: [lock driveshaft, turn one wheel and watch the other] In both cases the other wheel turned in the opposite direction, which I've always used to id open differentials. However, there has been another thread that suggests viscuous lsd might behave in this test as if they were open. Sometime in the next week or so I'll open up one of them and see what's really there.

g