HybridZ

Headlight Covers again

Synlubes

I've put on 3 sets on two different cars now, and none of them have ever been easy. All the ones I've gotten were from MSA, but I'm pretty sure the ones VB sells are the same manufaturer. I used a cutting wheel on a grinder and just kept taking a little off here and there until they fit.

The ones Nissan Motorsport used to sell (with the chrome trim ring) were probably a little more forgiving, but I never liked the that ring.

The one I have that doesn`t fit worth a crap is to small.

Even with the rubber trim!

I guess I`ll bit the bullet and order another set and hope the one that I need is the good one out of this set.

The pisser is, all I want them for is to install and use them for molds to lay glass over to make some "nice" covers.

Why bit the bullet. Call them up and tell them your problem, they'll most likely send you another one. I know some people don't like MSA but I have had mostly good experiances with them. They sent me the wrong poly bushings for my rear sway bar, I didn't find this out for about 6moths-1year. I called told them my problem and they sent me a new, correct set right away. Give a call, you might be suprised.

Why bit the bullet. Call them up and tell them your problem, they'll most likely send you another one.

Pete, I bought them probably 4 years (or better) ago.

Plus, I`ve worked them a little bit.

Just never got around to doing that particular project.

I only started body stuff this year, still didn`t get as much of it done as I would have liked.

I have not had any bad deallings with MSA and I know they don`t make alot of the stuff they sell.

It`s just a shame that a part like a headlite bucket cover (which has alot of eye apeal) can`t be made to some better tollerances.

That`s why I will make I own.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm with you Doug MAKE YOUR OWN!!!!! Try a heat gun to adjust the fit . use "o" rings over & under the screws to keep the covers from cracking. just my 2 cents!!!! trickZ 8)

Guest jjohart

Speaking of headlight bucket projects, when I get my car into the body shop mid-year, I intend to ask them to widen the circle around my headlights, so that I could easily change the headlights/bulbs without having to go through the back!

Does anyone know what proceedure I would call upon to do this? It seems to me the headlight plastic surround body part would somehow need to be circumferentially cut into a wider circle. It wouldn't have to be too much, being that there's already enough from stock to get at the vertical and horizontal beam adjusters...it'd just need to be a wide enough circle so I could at least unscrew the upper headlight metal retaining ring, then bend it forward/down to get the headlight out. I'm surprised no one has done this before, as it seems such a PIA to get at these headlights!

John-83 280ZXT