HybridZ

midengine z32?????

Guest scauntay

Guest scauntay

just woundering if it would be possible to make a z32 2+2 a mid engine car? by removing the rear seats and putting the engine there. not that i have time nor money to do this, just woundering if it would be possible. :?:

Actually it might be easier than you think depending on your definition of "mid-engine". Technically that means an engine thats located between the front and rear axle lines. The new 350Z is a on Nissan's FM platform, which stands for "front Mid-engine".

My 240 is a mid-engine car. my block is about 1.5 inches behind the front axle line. I haven't had it on the scales and corner weighted yet but based on caculations I will have a rear weight bias.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest penguin

well, given the time, and the money, yes it can be done. what you have to do IS ditch the transmission, go for a transaxle, replacing both transmission and differential. i recommend the porsche g50 transaxle, as there are ways to make it mount to a 350. then break out the ole welder and put it all together. i guess i should have capitalized the part about having enough money.