HybridZ

this JSR stuff got me thinking about my projects....

mobythevan

I bought the first z car to put a V8 in and now it is totally stripped down and in the middle of floor pan replacement. It has been setting on the stands for a year and a half and neither the car nor the stands have been moved in that time. That one was going together too quickly (ha) so I bought a second z car which I actually got to drive about 10 times in the year I have owned it. But now it is on stands next to the other one getting various things repaired. I am always racing the two in my mind, yeah that one is turbo blah blah blah, and this one is twin turbo blah blah blah. Actually if I had someone else over we could set in them both and race each other :D

I hate to admit that reading the questions in the other post hit close to home. I have 2 sets of fiberglass body parts, rocker panel replacements, and zed floor pans stuck in the rafters of my garage. An LSD that I haven't installed in any car yet and I can't remember how long ago I bought that. A transmission that I had shipped across the US and got lost by UPS. After it arrived I ordered a rebuild kit and then neatly piled that tranny and rebuild kit in my garage next to the JTR kit to never be touched again. The best advice I ever took was from Pete's site: don't build the engine for the V8 car before the car is ready, or something like that. Instead, I just decided to do another z car project in between replacing the two floor pans in the first car. And for anyone wondering, the V8 car always wins the races, but I think its the driver.....

Wood stove...that's brilliant....

then I could double clutch and four wheel drift my Z for hours without my hands going numb.

Do they make a supercharger kit for woodstoves? That would be a cool project.

I hear ya! My two projects have gone no where since i tore both down. My Z is sitting there with its cancer cut out, waiting for me to get a welding. And my electric scooter I am doing chassie renforcement and suspension upgrades. Yes it is a small electric scooter, but it is a chick magnet soon to be running 20's. My goal is 30 mph. I hit 16 all stock. :lol: