HybridZ

Confused... What painless kit do I need for my 95 LT1

Please help,

I have a 95 Z28 and I’m going to yank the motor and 6 speed.

Several people have told me that the swap into my 78Z will be much easier if I bought a new harness.

Well I went to the painless site and it’s confusing. I called a local parts store and he told me I needed a complete engine harness for $700.00

What I want is a harness that will replace the wires that go into the dash, it would seem to me they are the only ones that I will need to mess with.

Thanks in advance if you have a option...

Guest Anonymous

If you have the donar car, save yourself some money and use the stock computer and the stock wiring harness. Just buy the factory service manual and label your wires on both ends, (engine and computer) . I did this and I'm an idiot when it comes to electrical. I'm sure you can do it and save yourself 700 bucks. The factory service manual does cost about 100 bucks. Mark

You have a free uncut harness in the Z28, why buy the Painless harness? Like Mark, I've done this swap as well my tpi. Buy the Helm manuals, you only need books 1&2, about $100.

If you're still afraid to do it yourself pull out the harness and send it to me. I'll do for you in about a day and only charge $600. :D

Sorry, just kidding. Seriously, you can do it yourself. It's not that hard.