HybridZ

might be buying a parts 280Z car.. some questions..

Guest ON3GO

hey guys my friend here in texas has a uncle with a shop and while we were looken at this old celica GT that my friend wants as a project car i saw a Z sitting in the very back..

its a 280Z, and boy is the body panels in bad shape.. major rust on the front fenders and rear panels and the rear hatch is like rusted shut.

dash looks like it had a bomb go off on it.. seats are pretty ripped.. well teh whle interior is pretty much FU*KED.. but it has some nice oldschool centerline wheels on it, and the tail lights, headlights, emblems, rear tail light panel, mirror, door handles, window crank handles, speedo, tech, gauges, even radio are all good.. atleast they look good,

i didnt start up the motor but im sure its not running but if it is im sure its not running good at all.

theres no steering wheel also..

the frame rails looked great though.. pretty funny :)..

floors were in good shape too..

i didnt even pop the hood as there was abunch of old 63 - 64 vette parts on it and didnt feel like moving it all.

im sure the valve cover is still good and a few other things.

think i should get it? is there away i can get the car then take what i want off it and then call up a junk yard to come and get it without it costing me anything for them to pick it up?

i wouldnt mind a few thinsg on it.. prob some suspension stuff is still good, that i could either use, sell, or some how modify..

think i should offer him say 50 bucks? or 100 bucks?

how would i even trailer it with no steering wheel ?

thanks

mike

EvilRufusKay.. hehe im in Texas now.. my parents live in florida.. im in texas for school for a year or 2 and then im off to some place else..

datsunlover.. yeah i was surprized when i saw the frame rails in good shape.. im only looked at the drives side floor and it looked good.. the other side had a car right next to it so i couldnt see that side.. i really didnt inspect the whole frame rail, but where i felt and looked it seemed fine..

mike