HybridZ

Turbo Fuel Pump question

240hoke

hey,

just got a new gas tank today which is modified with a 3/8" pickup. I have a MSD EFI fuel pump which has a 3/8 inlet and 5/16" outlet. i am trying to decide wheather or not i should go stainless -6An or use the factory 5/16' supply line. the pump has a 5/16' outlet and is supposably capable of suppling 500hp application, so i should be fine with the stock line, correct?

Thanks,

Austin

I i think they are about 100 bucks, might could find one for cheaper. i dont like the terminals on them, they are brass and strip easy. One of my ternials broke off last time, not sure how to hook it up now. Possibly solder a connector to it?

btw i think it is #2250 or something like that, the one with teh blue sticker lol

-Austin

Guest bastaad525

whoa okay I was under the impression that the walbro was like $200-300 ?? dont know where I got that number but it's been in my head forever! Also the Bosch pump is way expensive like that too right? That's the only reason I haven't upgraded my pump yet... for $100 I can go out and get one of those right now :)

So the Walbro or the MSD will flow more than enough for my setup? Figure I'm aiming for about 250hp at the wheels when all is said and done. Will it fit in the same bracket that the stock pump fits in? If it even mounts in a bracket!!! To tell the truth I've only gotten a couple glimpes at how the pump is set up back there... all I remember was it looked very similiar to a stock black coil only with hoses AND wires comin out of it, was mounted on the bottom of my stock 240 tank, using what I think was a bracket...

Guest bastaad525

can you list a few big places that would have it (either walkin stores or online, preferably someplace I can pick it up in person though)

and I assume this is a recommendation... as in... "yes this pump will be more than enough for your car"?

There's a bunch of places online that carry it, just need to search around. I think i bought mine from importpoweronline and it was on sale for $105 at the time. From what i remember, i had to make a custom bracket. One thing, make sure you isolate it good with rubber for dampening. Yes, this pump will be more than enough for you to reach 250hp at the wheels, in MY opinion. The MSD is only proven by MSD to a certain pressure and when speaking with them, they couldn't tell me how it would perform to more than what they have documented. Walbro has the graphs all layed out and prove that thier pump works at levels i may, or may not, need one day. I'm not saying the MSD wouldn't perform to the goal i want (if i ever figure out what that goal is! :wink: ) but having the proven data in front of me made my choice.

392-FLOW.jpg

Guest bastaad525

cool deal... if I can find it for around that price I'll snatch it up asap.

you sure there's no walk in places to get it though? I really hate ordering stuff online unless absolutely necessary.