HybridZ

1981 DATSUN 280ZX WON'T START

well since i didnt get any good offers for my car, im going to restore it. well about a yr ago it had a small fire underneath, near the fuel pump. and now it won't start. someone said the fire was caused by a fuel/air problem, some said i should try the fuel pump or the starter. but im not sure what to do. i was wondering if anyone knows a mechanic in the torrance area that could come out and try to find the problem for me. and if anyone could help me find a turbo engine to replace my N/A i would greatly appericate it.

thanks

alex

• 2 weeks later...

i found out what really caused the fire. the cat. converter over heated and started the fire. i replaced the spark plugs and now i found out that the fusible links were burned, they melted through. now i need to know where i could get some replacements for all four of them

thanks

alex

Guest dpiatkin

not off hand. you will need to order their catolog to get any prices etc.. But their catolog come within a week to nor. Cal..... then they will overnight your shipment if you wish !! You need to go to the website I gave earlier and order their Cat.

Sorry Dont have the current issue, or I'd scan it for you and post it.

• 4 weeks later...

congratulations, man!! :-D

you should probably go get some actual fusible links for your car, though, because just like fuses they protect certain parts from electrical surges.

keep up the good work!