HybridZ

hi all!...im new to hybrid z!.....

Guest usam1gnr

Guest usam1gnr

:-D

merry Christmas everyone!

im new to here....have been on another z website for a long time.....wanted to try something new :)

first,can anyone tell me how to stop the rain leak in my 82 zxt t-top?....ive vasolined,adjusted the top gasket....no-go for it i keep getting a drip on my outside drivers set its driving me c-r-a-z-y!

any help appreciated!

To flatten the silicone caulking i use a plastic bag over my finger with a bit of thinner so it doesn't stick to the plastic bag. Works slick... :D WELCOME to the best Z board I have ever read!!!! IMHO 8)

Guest usam1gnr

:lol:

thanks all! i was with zcar for a long time and someone i know thats here that was also on zcar mentioned this site to me...im already feeling at home!<thanks everyone!>

have a question....on the silicone,how do i get it up under where the top meets the rubber underneath the t-top?...theres a big crevice there,maybe thats where old rubber used to be!

once again, have a gr8 Christmas and remember....Hes the reason for the season!

....on the silicone,how do i get it up under where the top meets the rubber underneath the t-top?...theres a big crevice there,maybe thats where old rubber used to be!

One trick is to remove the t-top and fill the crevice with silicone. Then put Vaseline on the mating surface (t-top or roof) as a mold release where it would touch the wet silicone. Put the top back on and let it dry for a day or two. Remove the top and trim the silicone. Now you have filled your gap where the water gets in and not glued your t-top to the roof.

have a gr8 Christmas and remember....Hes the reason for the season!

:2thumbs: Right on brother!