HybridZ

deisel intercoolers pic

Guest znow white

Guest znow white

now before you flame me i searched and got allot of blind shots (always what happens with the search funtion here)

whats happening with me is Iam looking around, reading allot and trying to educate myself for my turbo swap which should be already started!

im looking around the ebay for npr intercoolers and they are hard to come by, so i searched for all kinds of intercoolers what I found that "looked" good are they ford powerstroke deisel intercoolers the dimensions are 30" X 18" X 2 (is it to big :evil: ?) the end tanks are metal and 3" here is a pic

power_004.jpg

now is this a good intercooler to use (flow wise)? anybody have experience with them? how much is the pressure drop that goes with this baby?

Hey,

I cant give you any advice on how well that will work, but when looking for any diesel truck I/C like that look around for a local junkyard that deals with those types of trucks. I found a local guy that just deals with mitsu's and izusu's and other cab over type trucks. Anyway he had lots of I/C's mainly mitsu's for 100 bucks. he only had one NPR though I got it for 200. At anyrate what im saying is ebay might not be the best bargin, because its being sold as a performance part.

-Austin

Guest znow white

oh no you mis understood Im not looking to buy this one or any for that matter right now. Iam just asking questions and learning as much as I can so I know what to look for when I am. I was asking because I have never seen anyone run on one of those....it looks like it would do the job pretty good but looks can be decieving. If I do go with an intercooler it would probally be a mk3 supra, npr(if i can find) or a diesel truck intercooler with a nice design though.

Thats from a Porsche 944, 17.5 long x 5 high x 5.5 wide, bar and plate styel IC that will support up to 450 hp, my intake side has yet to get hot. Its a great ic if you ask me.

I had a powerstroke intercooler like the one above, and it wouldnt have fit no how unless I cut the inner fenders and part of the frame to clear it,since its WIDE. I went NPR and havent looked back, I lost auctions on 944 ic or I would have picked one of those up, great unit as well.