HybridZ

LS1/Jeromio's Documented swap

Just came across Jeromio's LS1 eng swap into 1st Gen Z while surfing thru LS1tech.com in the "Conversions and Hybrids" forum, "Conversion folks please list your conversion in here" thread.

All his impressive fabricating is well documented on his site.

I'm sure there are a few others who have documented their LS1 swap but I came across on LS1tech.com by accident/recognized his name and checked out his site at:

http://240z.jeromio.com/motorswap

Very well done Jeromio!

FWIW...on the picture where your dash was out and you decided to completely rewire your car, "I COULD FEEL YOUR PAIN" as I hate removing dashes and instrument clusters. The wires hanging everywhere kind've gives you the "What Have I Got Myself Into" syndrome.

Anyway-nice job on your swap.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

I have the utmost respect for him and his ability to get more done on his car with a tighter budget, older kids, less time, no 'conversion manual', and a small space to work in. Also, his posts are pretty darn witty usually :D

Cheers, Jeromio :cheers:

Davy

The majority of the information on my swap is in the threads "LS1 / T56 Update ..." What photos I currently have are in my personal album on this website.

One point - The conversions that were done on my car, Jeromio's car, Lone Star 1's car & Maichor's car are all very different in the desired end goal and execution. About the only thing in common is the LS1 and that it actually got installed. Engine mounts and locations, bracing, transmission mounts, driveshaft lengths, differential location, auxillaries used and where they are located, radiator used, etc. are all different. It would be a really bad idea to think that someone could pick and choose from between them and be successful.

If you are a very good mechanic, electrician, and fabricator then evaluating each conversion, taking what you want from each and then developing your own with a lot of careful planning and measuring can be done. If' you're not a fabricator and have only rudimentary mechanical and electrical skills then I would strongly recommend either not doing it or at least investing in the John's Cars components which eliminate the need for fabricating and get the major components located properly in the car. That leaves all the plumbing and electrical which you'll still be mostly on your own to figure out and do.

I didn't know you had updated your site. Great work! Your wiring looks exactly like mine. I don't know why I decided to toss the old wiring harness-there were only a couple of circuits I didn't understand. I got a Painless harness, and it's not exactly painless. To make matters worse, the parts of the original harness I didn't understand I now realize I didn't need. Oh, well. Live and learn.