HybridZ

Ron Davis Radiator Install

Nismo280zEd

OK so i finally got the thing done.

I ordered the radiator from Ron Davis Model number 26163 I believe (i'll double check that) Had them put on 1 3/8" inlet and outlet on the radiator chevy style (i did not do the double pass). The radiator is absolutely Gorgeous! and weighs next to nothing... by the time i payed shipping and the custom inlet outlets sizes the grand total was 289. I used 1/8" steel x3" and made some brackets to hold the radiator. Also had to drill new holes to mount them in. Then inside of the mounts i used one of those flexible cutting boards prolly 1/16" thick maybe a little more and lined the steel radiator supports with those as to not damage the Al. radiator.

I still have to Silicon the hole radiator to the to the support braces it rest against and seal any holes. I have pics of this and will post them when i have some time. Just wanted to let you guys know the radiator DOES fit, you could actually put one in there 1" wider if you wanted. I'll keep you guys posted and tell you what radiator hoses i used aswell.

-Ed

I am definatly interested as i broke my radiator towing my z. Tow hook sliped and caught my radiator support and pulled my radiator apart. Been wanting to go all aluminum, but dont have the money right now for some of the other custom fit ones. I was going to go plung into the larger universal ones but i want more clearence on the sides for intercooler plumbing, which this one sounds perfect. Keep us updated.

Ryan

Guest Zachb55

sounds like the way to go if your wanting aluminum, how long did it take to get it from the time you ordered it to the time you recieved it?

-Zach