HybridZ

WRC rally-thon on speed channel!!!

Sparky

cool, I guess im not getting anywork on the car done today, turns out that i turned on the TV to see that the speed channel is running an all-day rally thon today, from start of season to finish! ZaWeet!

anyhwo, though yall rally fans out there would like to know.

turned on the vcr, recorded to the tape ran out,had another tape ready.... as soon as i get out of college, if i can get a good job to support the hobby, thats where I am going, im building a spec car, and im driving in the dirt, snow, ice, grass, mud, water, road, whatever...

I had a chance to do it once with a friend in a rally they hold in tennessee, i fell in love.. driving a mitsu galant vr4, SO MUCH FUN !!!

Guest Chris240turbo

WRC is my current favorite form of motorsport, where else do you get to see cars that actually are production based, driven by two people (navs have more guts than I'd have, or maybe just more dramamine!) running at insane velocity, over roads they have never seen! too bad about Lovell and Freeman though... although that was U.S. open class, not WRC

For all you starving college student ralley fans, check to see if your local chapter of the SCCA runs a local Rallycross, kind of an autocross on dirt, even a total beater would be super fun, the permanent track here in Houston is just flat dirt, and unless your car is SUPER low you could run for next to zero dollars. I have a line on a late '74 260 that has been sitting for years, and if it's cheap enough, after a trip to walmart for the ugliest M+S tires they have, and a hacksaw for the muffler, it's rallycross time!!! :twisted: