HybridZ

oops!

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

I hit my 83 ECCS rev limiter by accident. pretty violent deal indeed. coming around a corner going fast, I didn't want to shift while in the corner and didn't hear the engine well enough so didn't know it was running all the way up there (windows up, rare around here. and bad hearing from working with helicopters) I didn't break anything. It was around 7000RPM. Oops! I'll be more careful next time.

I've tapped mine before, didn't seem too violent to me...but then again mine comes in more like 6400 or 6500 and I am usually ready for it and shift before the car bucks much. Does yours just spin that high before hitting? Hope the sudden drag at the rear didn't upset your turn :-D

Guest szlash280z

well it was right after exiting the turn, I think my tires were spinning and that's why it hit the cut. I have hit 6500 numerous times while trying to perfect my drag racing technique and it never hit the limiter. I just looked as it happened and the tach was pretty high up there falling back down fast, so I don't know what RPM it actually hit at.

It will make you spill your drink if you don't watch it.

Mine on the JWT ecu is much nicer.

Oh and I had a 280ZXT box that would go over 7k without hitting the limiter, but usually only when I changed out the cap and rotor. Never could figure that one out.