HybridZ

side pipe exhaust

I ran HOLLEY/HOOKER 2233HKR side pipes/headers on my 1968 496 corvette and absolutely loved them!

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/ES/ESHHSCH/Sidemnt.html

cobra20.jpg

I had zero problem with exhaust gases getting into the car but I did notice they were louder than stock (LIKE I CHOSE THEM FOR THEIR QUITE! SHEESSS!) I chose them because they were lighter in weight and had long primairys for excellent low rpm torque while having easily removable internal mufflers for quick removal at the track!

I truely wish they were available for the 1985 corvette, and (Im sure I will make a custom set when I build my final version,exhaust for my engine swap,bbc 1985 custom corvette)

personally I think they add something to the cars appeal/appearance but be aware your girlfrind/wife may detest them as they tend to leave bad burns on girls ankles as they exit the car and allow thier leg to contact the exhaust, guys dont tend to have the same problem except if your wearing shorts because breif contact with blue jeans goes un-notice unless they are synthetic blend that tends to melt, cotton tends to insullate well enought without burning that youll barely notice brief contact. however the wife will [censored] constantly if burnt, so be advised youll need to both point the potential burn hazzard out before and after she enters/exits the car each and every time, and if she still manages to burn herself its still YOUR FAULT! :crazy:

we guys tend to look at it as "IF YOUR GOING TO BE DUMB YOU BETTER BE TOUGHT!" and overlook that minor potential problem! :-D

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

As a side note on that, if you are worried about burns, I have seen many very attractive heat shields for side pipes. I know first hand how burns feel on the ankle from when I got a nice burn from the pipes on my motorcycle. Although, if I had sidepipes on my Z, I dont think I would really care :D