HybridZ

exhaust header problem

Guest goldraven

Guest goldraven

got engine/tranny mounted...problem is that there is probably only like a half inch from the block and the power steering block. I've looked at pictures that you guys have posted and there is alot more room there for a header... i've got the MSA mounts on there like they should be. I've used a 350 out of a k100 truck(i believe thats what they are called) came out of an 88 or 89. anyone have suggestions as to what i should do? i'll try and get some pictures up to show exactly how close it is. the block hugger headers i have done even come close to fitting.

No headers that I am aware of will fit. You will need to use factory manifolds. Here is a shot of Dave Greimanns car. You should check out his site while it's still up. http://home.earthlink.net/~dvgreimann/index.html

It would also be helpfull to do a search and read all his posts. He was a very prolific poster and extremely helpfull reguarding the S130 V8 swap.

leftmanifold.jpg

Guest greimann

Hi Guys,

Nick PM'ed me a question about this and I came here to see his pics.

The only two manifolds that you can use for this are a late '70's GM car / truck manifold with casting #364747 or possibly a late model LT1 style that hoops up as it come out of the block, instead of bending down like most other manifolds. Otherwise you are into a custom fabbed situation that would be pretty pricy.

Guest goldraven

i think im going to have to custom fab it myself. dont really want to spend the 500 bucks the shop in town charges. Do you know for a fact that that casting number of old GMs will work? or do you just know that it hoops over and might work? if there are already headers made that probably work for this situation i might as well get those.

Guest greimann

The Picture above in Dan's post is the #364747 manifold. The pictures below are Motorsport Auto's own 280ZX project car with the late model LT1 manifold. Both will in fact work.

msaexhaust.jpg

msaexhaust2.jpg

Guest greimann

Hey Greimann! Long time no see! :D Since when does MSA have a 280ZX project car? Do have anymore pics?

Guy

Hi Guy. Yes I have been trying to kick the HybridZ habbit. Not that I don't love you guys' date=' bulletin board posting is not a productive use of my time and I am already addicted to the 968 forums :twak: I'll answer e-mail if you need.

Here are the only other pics of the MSA car I have:

[img']http://home.earthlink.net/%7Edvgreimann/largeimages/msa280zx1.jpg[/img]

msa280zx2.jpg

Guest goldraven

one more question. Will it put stress on the engine if i have this header on the driver side, and just a normal block hugger on the other side...the auction is only selling the driver side header...i dont think it will be a huge deal on the engine, but since they are different i thought i'd ask you guys on weather or not it will be a big deal.