HybridZ

would these fit on a 280zx?

sorry i dont know how to read these wheel code things. here is the code thing 18X7.5 4-100/11445AM, i plan on getting the honda adapter, and Tokico Illumina Adjustable Struts. and does anyone know where to get some brembo brakes?

thanks

alex

Guest Z-rific

I believe that they are dual fit rims, fitting both 4x100 and 4x114mm hubs.

I have 8" wheels with Tokico HP's, but I have flares. You may be able to get a 225/45/17 tire on those rims to fit with the Honda adapter, but i can't say for sure. Do a search and you will find tons of posts on this.

Cuban,

Those wheels can fit as long as your tires stay within similar size to overall OEM diameter or not much larger. They'll work with our adaptors as long as you buy a Honda type offset (+36 to +40 mm). Or I can do a set to stay with the Nissan 4x114.3 pattern if you like, just options.

As for Brembo brakes, noone has put together a Brembo retail kit for the Z cars. R&D on rather elaborate (as a Brembo setup for a Z car would be) is rarely spent by those of us doing performance parts for Z cars. I'd put up my PBR setup against any Alcon/Brembo etc setup for a head to head on a Z car :D Any difference notable would be very minor I'd expect and not justify the cost difference.

Have you checked out my Xtreme PBR setup? It meets all functional needs plus many others of any Z buildup I've dealt with and they've included drag to high speed road racing to fun street/track combo's.

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55&PHPSESSID=2099d5ea2876cd3603681c0f3814a39f

I'll have the rear match for this setup available quite shortly as well to go with my new aluminum front hubs.

Any questions feel free via direct email ( sales@modern-motorsports.com ), take care.

Guest jjohart

Hmm, do I detect a brief moment of sell, sell, sell in the post above?

-Put simply, it's your a-- behind the wheel if you use spacers...just like the statement put forth elsewhere on this list, speeding never killed anyone, it's coming to a stop that does the damage!

-As far as Brembo, why in god's name would you be looking for Rice bragging rites...why not turn your Z into a SUV first, put on 24" inch spinner rims and then get your Brembo SUV kit for 6 grand? Be the first on your block with 4 wheel braking challenges over stupid Hondas, Mitsus and the like!!!

Egad, imagine the ride quality with 18'' wheels...sort of a mini 18" wheeler effect you're after, eh?

John-280ZX

Mine rides like shlock, but at least it's stock!

JJO, just some factual helping points given, and info on alternates. Discussing them helps others doing their research become aware of the choices to make their own decision. The 'sell' mode of others (not typically list related) is very often not fact based but rather hype based, and I pride in my comments being fact based. Brembo is in no ways a 'rice' name/moniker. Been high quality engineering for years. If full floating rotor/big ass brembo setups were a lot cheaper I'd be on them myself.

All manner of rides here, soft/firm/stiff and !#$ stiff. They all see different uses and meet different desires/needs.

If you've ridden on 18" rim/tire car combo's, I wouldn't liken it to an 18 wheeler ride. The new cars with 18's don't ride like that nor should they.

Cuban - Have a look at Modern Motorsports' site - I think that you may find something that suits your needs there. Ross won't steer you wrong, either - He's one of the good guys.

jjohart - There's nothing wrong with a properly designed and manufactured spacer - by this I mean bolt on style- not the slip over longer studs cast aluminum piece of crap style. Porche has been using them on production cars for years. As for the wheel size - my 240 rides far better on 17" wheels with coilovers than the 15's I had on it for years - It's all a matter of suspension tuning.

Doug

my brother has 18's on his honda accord. it rides ok but its lowered and you really feel it on the bumps. but then other cars that have 18's or bigger and they ride better. right now i have some 15 inch enkei rims. i might get the big brake kit from ROSS C. when he has the rear set to match. because i mainly need to get new rear brakes because they're going out. i want the ride in the car to feel better than it is now. so im trying to find the best suspension parts. i just have to wait until april to start ordering parts though

thanks

alex

Just out of curiousty.... why are you upgrading the brakes if your staying with the stock engine? Dont get me wrong bigger brakes are a good thing but when my 280ZX had the L28e in it the stock brakes kept up just fine. You could always upgrade the pads to some ceramic ones...

Are you planning on using the car for autocross?

Guy

Just out of curiousty.... why are you upgrading the brakes if your staying with the stock engine? Dont get me wrong bigger brakes are a good thing but when my 280ZX had the L28e in it the stock brakes kept up just fine. You could always upgrade the pads to some ceramic ones...

Are you planning on using the car for autocross?

Guy

because they are "brembo". :roll:

well i want to upgrade them because i want it to handle better. im not using the car for auto-cross or anything. just a daily driver. but if i get the 18's i want, might as well get the big brake kit. to help stop the bigger wheels. but i mainly just need some new rear brakes. this car isn't going to be raced or anything. i just want it to handle better. the reason i wanted some brembo brakes is because i know their good brakes and could get some for my 280zx. here is the link to where i saw the brembo's on a 280zx http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19226&highlight=brembo+brakes

i liked the look of them. but i wonder if my 15 inch enkeis will still fit over them.

thanks

alex

here is the link to where i saw the brembo's on a 280zx http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19226&highlight=brembo+brakes

Cuban, those are only Brembo ROTORS pictured in the setup you reference, not calipers. Most anyone can put Brembo manufactured/labelled rotors on their rides, doesn't make them 'brembo' brakes though. Brembo offers OEM replacement rotors for many models. Brembo brakes typically implies brembo calipers are used. I've sent out some drilled/plated/brembo rotors for Z guys, been meaning to add it to my webpage as well. I discuss these in the thread you note above.

well are there any brake upgrades that will let me keep my 15 inch enkei wheels? if i cant find a good upgrade that fill fit with my enkei wheels. i'll most likey get your big brake kit and the 18 inch enkeis

thanks

alex

Both the typical 4x4 upgrade,

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48

and this spring, or sooner, I'm doing a PBR front setup that'll clear 15's.

I'm unaware of other's clearing 15's.