HybridZ

Guys with Forza's

zguy95135

Ive had my seats for a while now and they already had hole drilled in the bottom of the seat. they bolted onto the rails without any problems but if I move the seat forward to a driving position the wings hit the door panel. but since i'm missing a bolt for the rail on the floor the door can close completely. some people have told me to bend in the wings slightly (enough to get it to have clearance) I tried this but it is nearly impossible to get it to bend. I can fit a finger inbetween the seat bottom and the trans tunnel, so would fabricating some brackets to move the seat slightly to the right work, (going horizontally from on rail to the next to keep stability) or is there an easier way?

What about drilling new holes in the mounting plates in the car, about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch inboard towards the trans tunnel? Or you could add some apacers to the outboard side of the seat under the bracket to make it lean slightly inward. Something about 3/8" thick might just give you the clearance you need, without making the slant of the seat too noticable. Hope this helps.

Mike