HybridZ

Aftermarket Clutch and Flywheel

Guest 240zxt

I just wanted to get some info on what the most cost effective way to upgrade the clutch and flywheel in an 82 L28et would be. I've heard of lightening the stock flywheel instead of buying a new one. Is this ok to do? Also, what kind of clutch would you all recomend I use?

I would leave the flywheel alone and the spec stage 2 kevlar disk, hd pressure plate is good for 450lbs. But if you need a nice flywheel fidanza gets good reviews from everyone I have heard that runs it.

With the spec stage 2, I havent had it either slip or stink on me yet, and I do drive hard-no where near 450lbs yet. The catch is that the clutch engages and feels like stock. I had to mess with the pedal and the slave cylinder to achieve this stock feeling grabby clutch situation but in the end I would recommend this clutch to anyone. On my car stock hydraulics made the pedal either engage too high or too low making it hard to shift, adjusting high made me throw slave pushrods, not fun. Spec- They make puck style too.