HybridZ

E-BAY find for my 80 280ZX

COZY Z COLE

Placed an interior shot of my 80 280ZX of the redone interior in my Personal Gallery. The door panels, steering wheel, under dash panels, glove box, dash panels, center console, sun visors, all front and rear trim pieces were purchased on e-bay from a guy in PENN. who found the car in a building where it had sat since being totaled with 8,000 miles on it back in 1980. The car sat there for over 20 years and my car now has a new car smell inside it!!!! The seats are from a 82 280ZX, leather and suede with 280ZX running through them, from a guy in SOCAL who had someone wreck their car in front of his house and sold him the seats on the spot. All emblems, fasteners, and carpeting are new from e-bay buying. I guess that's why I like e-bay :2thumbs::cheers: LARRY

Nice interior. So is your 280ZX gonna be completely bone stock or will you put a blown SBC in it like your 280Z? I am modifying my 81 280ZX's interior right now. My plans are carbon fiber Autometer gauges with all black interior and some leather 2001 Celica seats. She'll been for cruisin. 8) Your car looks like a blast from the past. Congrats. :cheers:

Sean

Hi, Thanks for your comments. No, I'm leaving the 80 280ZX stock. I'm currently restoring my 72 240Z to original condition as much as that's possible!! My 74 260Z is next up after that and that is where I'll do some thing drive train wise again, I just haven't decided what. 2 0ut of 4 stock Z,sss is enough don't you think?????? :burnout: LARRY

Stock is cool. Blows my mind how good these cars were when they rolled out of the factory (minus the rust issues). My suspension has seen better days but I can still rip through the turns. Maybe your 260Z should be a modded L28 motor with improved suspension. Then you'll have a Z for each mood your in. :)

Sean