HybridZ

Mercedes 110 and 981 DualOverhead Cam cylinderhead on Z L-28

Guest shane280z

Guest shane280z

Well, finally got a Mercedes dual cam head. Am purchasing a digital camera and will learn how to post pics as I complete this winter project. This head should flow quite well and produce (hopefully) somewhere in the area of an additional 100 horsepower over a stock block L-2.8 with a stock P-79 - P-90 cylinderhead. Anticipating problems with the cam and timing chain but believe I can make this work. Perhaps by March this engine will be completed and I can share what roadblocks and shortcomings were encountered and what actually went smoothly and worked. Wish me luck and some skill. shane-

Grrr, you beat me to it!!

I have been spending a lot of time at a cylinder head/machine shop here and took an L28 metal head gasket with me. I compared it to a lot of 6 cylinder heads and the 6 cylinder Mercedes head was close, but the BMW DOHC head was even closer!! Anyway, good luck with your project and I'll be watching for updates :wink:

hey, could you post some pics as to how close these things are to lining up? I would be very interested to see if it is feasible. do the bolt holes line up? are the mercedes heads chain or belt driven? i know the RB series of heads have all the head bolt holes in the same positions and some of the coolant/oil passages line up. but they are belt driven, so that would be a PITA to figure out. thanks in advance!!

McAdam

• 1 month later...