HybridZ

Need to identify year of my z

Guest Max383

well i got a problem. i'm converting my z to to a v8 but i ran into a set back. i need new bushings and a new sway bar but i can't identify what year model my z was. the title says 260z 1974 but there are no vin numbers on car. the person i bought the car from said he converted the car to a 2.8 liter but wasn't really sure what the origanal car was since he bought it off someone else. next, the metel plate on the door that tells the car's wieght say 1973 for the year, but the dash board i took out says 260z. so you see my problem. is there any way to tell for sure what year model my is, and if not will the bushing and sway bar year really matter?

what tail lights do u have? and what front turb signals u have?

that will tell u if its a late 260Z and early.

if he converted it to a 2.8 then it cant be a 280Z.

so if its a 260Z its a 74.

mike

resident 260 expert chiming in.... :twisted:

taillights... if the backup lights are separated from the taillight.... it's not a 240, either version 260 or a 280.

i have an early 260, build date 8/73, i think. also... do you have a title or any other paperwork with the curb weight? mine says 2425... i don't think any 240's went above 2400.

build date's probably your best clue if you really can't tell where the turn signals in the front ever were. the taillights can separate a 240 from a 260/280, but without the turn signals and build date i couldn't tell you if it's an early or late 74......bob