HybridZ

any body using the apexi safc?

Guest bastaad525

you should do a search dude... a bunch of us were discussing the Apexi and also the HKS AFC/AFR units not too long ago... we discussed things such as compatibility issues and such. They are a good way of getting some extra control over your fuel curve, and should be very handy, say, if you are running bigger injectors. The common consensus is that they wouldn't really benefit a setup with stock injectors, but I might disagree... it seems very common for 280zxt EFI to run super rich in the mid RPM's on boost, something like 10:1 A/F ratio from 2500 to around 4500rpm... I think a piggyback style ECU like the Apexi could be used to tune this out and get a much more flat fuel curve... used in conjuction with a better fuel pump (the stock one is junk) and maybe raising the base fuel pressure a bit, you could also get better overall control and particularly on the top end as well.... The HKS in particular seems to be a VERY good deal for the money... though not as flashy looking as the Apexi, it seems to have more functionality, and is actually cheaper.

Ive been using it, ill be selling it soon im going to step up to something I feel more reliable towards making power. I was able to lean out fuel curve a little bit, but people behind me at wot still complain about the stank and occasional fireball :roll: its cool, I just dont feel completely right about running a car like this, just me. :D

Ive been using it, ill be selling it soon im going to step up to something I feel more reliable towards making power. I was able to lean out fuel curve a little bit, but people behind me at wot still complain about the stank and occasional fireball :roll: its cool, I just dont feel completely right about running a car like this, just me. :D

how much do you want for it? i may be interested