HybridZ

MML 70-78 Z CV adaptors for Z31 4 bolt CV axles available!

Modern Motorsports Ltd

Our production CV adaptors for the use of Z31 (1st gen 300ZX) 4 bolt flanged CV shafts are now available! These remove the weakness of the small 4 bolt flange on the OEM companion flanges, use a keyed shear pocket that's centered by our machinists to mate your companion flanges with a precision tig weld. No more reliance on U joints or the small OEM bolt pattern. May also allow use of viscous Z31 R200's if their shafts match in overall geometry which one customer thought they did.

Their is one easy modifiction required to each halfshaft that a shadetree mechanic can do in an easy half hour. The end caps are tapped off the CV shafts, snap ring removed, and the end cage removed and then reversed to shorten each shaft 3/8's of an inch. This is necessary for proper shaft length and Z geometry. We'll have some pictures to easily guide any wanting some extra pointers.

Thanks to those MML customers that took prototype sets and proved their function! One was 240hybrid who posted some comments here:

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29521 , I posted 240hybrid's pic to my personal gallery.

Those who've already sent in cores for these will see their sets shipped out next week, they're already being mated up!

Cheers,

Guest 240hybrid

Cool to hear that interest has put them into production. I haven't had time lately to jack up the car and unbolt the CVs from the adapters to see if flipping the ball and cages put an end to the length problem (pretty sure it did), but I will do it.

New GF has been occupying some of my time lately, but I think I can get her to crawl under the Z with me though :D

I'll write up a review for your page too.

Chase

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Package will be $215 US, similar service/hardware included as our 280ZXT package.

I'm not aware of any major cons of the 280ZXT axles, they're notably harder to source now, and they are slightly smaller in axle diameter than the Z31 pieces. Z31's are easier to source now. Overall I'd use either axle and choose the one easiest and most very serious rear power, ie. 400+ rwtq etc I'd go to the Z31 CV's (or R230). For the majority either axle will suit them fine.

PS, they're not in the webshop yet but will be added shortly (my hybridz buds come first!).